Turning up the heat

Having lived abroad for a while, I love the heat. I love being in it, training in it, racing in it, eating ice cream in it.

So today, I went up to Borough for a quick session.  15 reps, jog one, romp one... and repeat.  Being a cyclist it takes a while for my ankles to get used to the walking and running, especially with a bike on my back.







A few things that I have noticed will need attention are:

My Hope floating rotors have some play in the pivots. Its annoying so these will be replaced with a lighter, Alligator rotor.

I usually cut a section of inner tube, and wrap this around my front mech to reduce the rattling. I need to add this again.

Schwalbe Racing Ralph tyres suck.

My freehub bearings will need replacing shortly.

I run traditional bend bars, with a padded gel insert under the tape.  I have now had to duct tape this in place.  Riding on the road wouldn't have been an issue, but for the 3 peaks, I cannot afford to have this move and loosen the bar tape.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bearfoot barbwire tightrope walking, drinking hot cobra blood and anchoring a 4 x 100m gazelle relay squad.

Are you running up that hill.....